Return of the Acura Integra
It has been over 30 years since the Acura Integra first hit the streets. The new 2023 Acura Integra, set to be released in 2022, will, at last, see the return of this powerful compact luxury sports model. With exciting upgrades, luxury amenities, and versatile performance capabilities, the new Integra is sure to be a hit among San Diego-area drivers when it arrives in the new vehicle inventory at Kearny Mesa Acura. Learn more about the Acura Integra history and get a sneak peek at what the new Acura Integra 2023 model has to offer, then contact us to reserve your Integra today!
Acura Integra History
- The first-generation Acura Integra arrived in the U.S. in 1986. It was similar to the Civic but offered a sleeker European design and was available as a three-door or five-door liftback hatch. This first-generation Integra had disc brakes on all four wheels and was powered by a 1.6L DOHC 4-cylinder engine that delivered 113 hp and 99 lb-ft of torque to the front wheels through either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed automatic.
- The second-generation was released in 1990, with a new 140-hp, 1.8L 4-cylinder, and a fully independent double-wishbone suspension. A GSR performance trim featured an all-new 1.7L VTEC DOHC 4-cylinder engine with 160 hp and 117 lb-ft and included exclusive performance hardware such as upgraded struts, a stiffer anti-roll bar, a shorter final drive ratio, and performance tires.
- The third-generation Integra was launched in 1993 and carried over the DOHC 1.8L engine from the previous generation. The GS-R trim offered a 1.8-L VTEC 4-cylinder that boosted power to 170 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque, which was the highest output-per-liter of any naturally aspirated engine at that time. The all-new Integra Type R came with a hand-built 1.8L VTEC B18C5 4-cylinder put out 195 hp and 130 lb-ft of torque and came equipped with a limited-slip front differential and 5-speed manual transmission. The third-generation Integra ceased production in 2001.
The New Acura Integra 2023 Model
Poised to once again join the ranks of top-performing cars, the new Acura Integra signals the new direction of Precision Crafted Performance. While more details will be available when we get closer to the Integra release date, which is expected sometime in the first half of 2022, we can glean much of what to expect from the Integra Prototype:
- Precision Crafted Performance featuring a VTEC® Turbo engine, the first-ever factory turbocharged engine for an Integra
- With the available 6-speed manual transmission and limited-slip differential
- A redesigned frameless Diamond Pentagon grille
- Distinctive restyled Jewel Eye™ LED headlights
- Sporty sloping roofline
- LED taillights in the rear
- Muscular fenders, 19-in Shark Gray wheels, and yellow Brembo® brake calipers
Learn More About the 2023 Acura Integra at Kearny Mesa Acura
The dynamic blend of performance and luxury that the Acura Integra 2023 model will offer has already generated a lot of excitement among Acura enthusiasts from National City to Carlsbad and across the U.S. Visit Kearny Mesa Acura in San Diego and allow our dedicated sales team to fill you in on all of the latest details regarding the new Acura Integra.
More from Kearny Mesa Acura
It has been over 30 years since the Acura Integra first hit the streets. The new 2023 Acura Integra, set to be released in 2022, will, at last, see the return of this powerful compact luxury sports model. With exciting upgrades, luxury amenities, and versatile performance capabilities, the new Integra is sure to be a…
The all-new Acura MDX has arrived, but besides boasting a fantastic exterior design, how much can an Acura MDX tow? When maxed out, the Acura MDX can tow an impressive 5,000 pounds, more than enough for your ATV, pop-up campers, and any other items you need to carry to your San Diego vacation sites. Learn…
If you’re in the market for a new luxury SUV around San Diego, the 2021 Acura RDX is worth the consideration. It’s full of class-leading safety and technology features, however, the most impressive aspects are the Acura RDX colors. Acura gives you the option to choose up to eight colors with a variety of interior…