2020 Acura MDX***
Image Shown is 2019 Model
2020 Acura MDX vs. 2020 Acura RDX
Comparing the 2020 Acura MDX vs. RDX? You’re not alone. More and more of the San Diego region’s drivers are recognizing that Acura models have a great deal to offer. However, if you want to be sure that you’re making the right decision, you’ll need to be sure of the difference between Acura MDX and RDX models. What’s the main thing to keep in mind? The 2020 Acura MDX is a three-row SUV that’s better equipped for hauling lots of passengers and cargo. The 2020 Acura RDX starts at a lower price and offers better standard fuel economy, but it isn’t as prepared for bigger jobs.
Why Should You Choose the 2020 Acura MDX?
- Seating Space – The 2020 Acura MDX comes equipped with three rows of seating, so you can travel with up to seven passengers. The RDX only seats up to five.
- Maximum Cargo – You can access up to 90.9 cubic feet of cargo with all rear seats laid flat. Even with the rear row collapsed, the RDX only offers 58.9 cubic feet at maximum.
- Towing Power – The MDX can tow 3,500 pounds with front-wheel drive, or 5,000 pounds with Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive™. The RDX can only two up to 1,500 pounds.
- Sport Hybrid – For 2020, only the MDX offers Sport Hybrid technology. This means that you can enjoy up to 26 mpg city* if you’re willing to pay for a few MDX upgrades.
Why Should You Choose the 2020 Acura RDX?
- Starting Performance – Comparing each model’s starting equipment, the Acura RDX actually offers more torque and better fuel economy. Without upgrades, you’ll enjoy 280 lb-ft of torque, 22 mpg city, and 28 mpg highway*.
- Balanced Interior – If you don’t need a third row, you might prefer the cargo-passenger balance offered by the two-row RDX. You’ll be able to store up to 29.5 cubic feet with the rear seats upright, compared to just 15.8 feet with all seats upright in the MDX.
- Size and Maneuverability – The Acura RDX measures 186.7 inches from bumper to bumper, and it’s 74.8 inches wide. Since it’s almost 10 inches shorter, it’s a little easier to maneuver or park in National City or Carlsbad.
- Price and Value – Since both models include the advanced features of AcuraWatch™ as standard, and offer many of the same technologies, the lower Acura RDX starting price might sway you towards the smaller model.
No matter which trim or configuration you settle on, the exciting Acura RDX color options make it easy to stand out. Just compare the Acura RDX vs. Audi Q5 or Acura RDX vs. Lexus NX to learn more.
Compare the Acura MDX vs. RDX with a Test Drive!
You’ve compared the Acura MDX vs. RDX on paper, but if you really want to be sure that you’re making the right choice, only hands-on experience will satisfy. Curious drivers can test drive either model, or both, at Kearny Mesa Acura. We can also help you explore the Acura RDX towing capacity! Whether you choose a new MDX or a new RDX, you’re going to love our selection of rotating special offers.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors
**Prices shown do not include taxes, license or a destination & handling charge. Destination charge for ILX, TLX and RLX is $995.00, MDX and RDX is $995.00. Actual vehicles/accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Please consult your selected dealer.