Today’s lineup of Acura SUVs and crossovers has something for everyone. Whether you’re searching for advanced technologies, high-performance handling, a practical interior, or something else entirely, there’s a very good chance you’ll find it in one of the RDX or MDX models on our lot! Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our overview of recent Acura SUV reviews from independent experts before you get behind the wheel at our dealership.
What Sets Our SUVs Apart?
Before you dive into recent expert evaluations, take a moment to explore some of the technologies that Acura SUV reviews almost always mention:
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®)– Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ determines the optimal power distribution between your wheels, ensuring a smoother, more engaging ride in all conditions.
- True Touchpad Interface™ – Along with standard voice recognition, most Acura SUVs offer a standard True Touchpad Interface™. Located on the center console, this technology supplements your ability to access your favorite features quickly on the go.
- Acura/ELS Studio 3D® Premium Audio – This advanced sound system is available in both the RDX and the MDX. Passengers are sure to appreciate the impressive, concert quality audio as you drive around San Diego and National City.
- Connected, Informed Driving – The new MDX will offer a 12.3-inch Precision Cockpit™ Digital Instrument Cluster that puts all the specs and data you could ask for in one place. Both the MDX and RDX offer touchscreen and head-up displays to help make your drives even more enjoyable.
2021 Acura RDX Reviews
Acura RDX reviews tend to hit a lot of the same notes:
- Those at Edmunds loved this model’s “Roomy cabin and cargo area,” “Sharp steering and handling,” and “Well-trimmed cabin”. They also pointed out that it offers “Lots of available tech for much less than competitors”!
- Those at J.D. Power were in agreement: “There is more to the 2021 Acura RDX than good looks and an affordable lease payment. This compact premium crossover SUV is appealingly packaged, roomy for people and cargo, technologically advanced, safe in a collision, and enjoyable to drive.”
- Motor Trend nails the appeal of this model, perhaps better than anyone else: “Want NSX supercar style but need a crossover? Check out the RDX.”
2022 Acura MDX Reviews
The 2022 Acura MDX has finally arrived at our dealership, and we couldn’t be more excited. Here’s what critics have had to say about this year’s exciting updates:
- Car & Driver: “The new model is longer and wider than before and has a 2.8-inch longer wheelbase. This makes for more interior space, with third-row legroom growing by 1 inch and cargo space behind the third row growing by 2 cubic feet, to 18 cubic feet.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “At this price, it is quite a value compared to other 3-row luxury SUVs. It is significantly lower than the Audi Q7, BMW X5, Mercedes-Benz GLE, and Lincoln Aviator.”
The experts at Motor Trend heaped on even more praise:
- “The platform, chassis, body, and interior share nothing with the current SUV.”
- “…the new MDX has a larger, more commanding grille”
- “…The rear of the car looks more elegant than before, and features LED tail lights.”
- “It also simply is a bigger car in every dimension than the one it replaces, and that results in significantly more interior volume.”
- “A noticeable jump in interior quality is joined by a ton of new tech, including the option for a 710-watt ELS 3D Audio system, wireless charging, and 27-way ambient LED lighting.”
Shop for Your New Acura SUV at Kearny Mesa Acura
Step into our virtual showroom to begin the shopping experience from your home in San Diego or Carlsbad; you can even schedule home delivery! We want you to get everything you desire, so don’t forget to explore our new vehicle specials before you write an Acura SUV review of your own!
More About Acura Model Features